What's a Pink wire in a ceiling fan for?

Old 12-22-08, 01:31 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question What's a Pink wire in a ceiling fan for?

Dear Gents,
My Hunter (~15 years old) ceiling fan/light remote control broke so I went to Home Depot and purchased a new remote control which instructions are pretty clear, however when I remove the light fixture to find the old receiver, the wiring was through a multi-hole plug which I had to cut to remove the fan housing. The issue I have now is that while everything else has the 'right' colored wires, the fan motor has the following color wires: Yellow, Pink, Brown & Grey, while the receiver has 5 wires (2-black, 2-white & 1-red) I can't seem to determine HOW to connect them. Please help!

DonatoP

Old 12-22-08, 05:21 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The receiver you purchased will not work with your fan. The Home Depot style remote works with fans that start off as a "pull chain" fan, then are converted to remote. In these applications the remote receiver is mounted in the canopy at the ceiling(the wiring should make more sense there). When the receiver is located in the switch housing(The cup where the light attaches),you will need to talk to the manufacturer or dealer as this type is "Brand specific". Hunter's # 1-888-830-1326 give them the model number of the fan and they may be able to help with the correct receiver.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: