Desperately seeking answer to converting Hard Wire Chandelier to Plug In Swag

Old 02-10-09, 02:10 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Desperately seeking answer to converting Hard Wire Chandelier to Plug In Swag

Ok, here's the story... I went to IKEA for the first time ever and saw this amazing chandelier that I had to have. I don't want to hard wire it into the wall because I will be moving soon and I don't want to have to install just to uninstall and then install again. So I went to Home Depot to see if they had any answers for me how to hang it in my room so it's not just sitting around on the floor till whenever I move, they suggested a swag. So I purchased the kit and unfortunately I cant figure it out.

Chandelier has a green/yellow striped cord, a metal cord, a black and a white cord, it also has a 2 capped of clear cords one connected to a white and one connected to a black.

The swag kit that Home Depot gave me has a clear cord that seperates at the end into two.

What do I connect to make it so that when I plug it into the wall, I can use the switch on the cord to turn the light on and off?

Please help. Thank you!

Old 02-10-09, 06:29 AM
W
Received 22 Votes on 21 Posts
Kit

Does the kit have instructions on how to connect?

Old 02-13-09, 11:44 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
First, it sounds like maybe you have several wires, not cords. Cords are more than one wire together. But you need to be a bit more specific about what is where. At the point where the light mounts to the ceiling box, should be the black and white along with the bare metal wire. The others are not making much sense.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: