yellow circular fluorescent tube


Old 02-18-09, 08:47 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: australia
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
yellow circular fluorescent tube

Is there such a thing available as a yellow circular fluorescent tube to keep the bugs away as we have 4 on our patio? I have tried many places to buy them in Australia to no avail.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-09, 08:43 AM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 1,959
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When you say "circular" do you mean a small spiral design or an actual circle shape?In the US circular designed flourescents are for interior fixtures specifically designed to use them and no yellow version of the bulb is made that I've ever seen.To search for one I'd try the term "circuline" but I'd be surprised if you ever found one.In the spiral CFL type bulbs there is a yellow "bug" version made.This too is difficult to find but is stocked by most hardware wholesale companies and available to hardware stores such as Ace and True Value.Not sure what to tell you for your country though.
Old 02-19-09, 02:29 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NE Wis / Paris France{ In France for now }
Posts: 4,808
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can you tell me the wattage and bulb type maybe I can find something

Old 02-26-09, 06:12 AM
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: usa
Posts: 1,367
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
are you talking about the 4 foot florescent tubes. you might have a better chance of finding a yellow tube that slides over the bulbs. bowling alleys use these alot.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: