eyeball lamp replacement

Old 08-30-09, 07:28 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
eyeball lamp replacement

I'm unable to remove an eyeball ceiling lamp. It will not twist out and I can't grip it. Please help.

Old 08-30-09, 08:30 PM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Normally most eyeball trim I useally run into are spring loaded so they will tug pretty hard to come down.

And I am reading right that you want to take the bulb off or just the trim off ?

And there is a trick along the way take a uility knife and score around the trim lightly sometime it will help to get the stickness off like paint cover over the eyeball trim that part I ran into pretty often.

Merci,Marc

Old 08-30-09, 08:47 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, thank you. I just want to take the bulb out to replace it. Spring loaded? I guess I need to turn the electricity off at the panel and then perhaps slide something inside?

Old 08-30-09, 09:12 PM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
what size bulb like rough estame ?

If any marking on it I will able tell what it is.

Normally most Eyeballs the lightbulb useally unscrew by twisting counterclockwise but if you have lowvoltage bulbs it will change a bit it will twist about one eighth turn it will come out.

Yeah it will be good idea to turn off the main breaker if you don't know if this still alive or not so also the other thing if hard to turn take bunch of shipping tape and tape up the bulb the reason why I do that so it can catch most of the glass when you turn it.

If glass break get a hevey glove like leather glove and needle nose plier or don't laugh but it work.,,, cut a spud { potoato } in half and use that to unscrew the bulb.

Merci,Marc

Old 08-31-09, 05:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 200 Upvotes on 175 Posts
I find it easier to remove the trim before trying to change the bulb.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: