Balloon sucked up in fan/motor!

Old 09-21-09, 12:42 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Balloon sucked up in fan/motor!

Ok, so I need your help!

A balloon floated up 20 feet (over the atrium in my home) and was sucked up by the fan that sits midair and is impossible to reach!

I went to Home Depot and the tallest ladder they have is 12ft. Scaffolding won't reach it either! There is a scissor machine but I can't drive it up stairs!!!

I am at a loss. While the fan works now I am scared the motor will eventually burn out! I need the fan on in the winter to push the heat into the basement and winter is approaching fastt!

Any help or ideas is most appreciated!

Old 09-21-09, 02:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You will probably have to rent an "A" frame ladder to reach it. You don't have to drive a scissors lift up stairs. They sit on the floor and lift you to the height. Unless you mean the front steps.

Old 09-21-09, 06:53 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Go to a full service rental yard that rents to contractors. They will probably have a better selection of ladders then Home Depot. While it will take two people to assemble you might consider scaffolding. You just need it tall enough.

Old 09-21-09, 07:02 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
if you can take a picture and post it, I am sure the whiz kids around here can come up with something a bit less "work like" to get the balloon that scaffolding or a huge ladder.

Old 09-21-09, 08:07 PM
Group Moderator
Received 252 Votes on 220 Posts
Maybe try this:

Take 2 pieces of 2" PVC pipe, connect them together. Take a shop vac at try to suck it off/out.

Old 09-21-09, 08:41 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tolyn Ironhand View Post
Maybe try this:

Take 2 pieces of 2" PVC pipe, connect them together. Take a shop vac at try to suck it off/out.
that's kind of the thing I was thinking of but not sure the layout and accessibility of the balloon in the fan.

Old 09-22-09, 07:54 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by nap View Post
if you can take a picture and post it, I am sure the whiz kids around here can come up with something a bit less "work like" to get the balloon that scaffolding or a huge ladder.
The balloon is one thing, a string already wrapped around the motor might be another.

We use a shop vac to retrieve high up objects with a large funnel at the end of 3/4, then reduce to 1/2 inch copper pipe. A couple 10 sticks of 2 inch pvc would be heavy. And I'd enjoy watching someone try to balance that plumb overhead while fishing to hit the balloon just right. I'd like to be there and try to photograph that.

Old 09-22-09, 02:22 PM
B
Pictures

how do I paste pictures??

Old 09-22-09, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by bdaygirl View Post
how do I paste pictures??
http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...your-post.html

Old 09-22-09, 03:14 PM
B
Picture

The pics I have are from the real estate website, nothing downloadable... Help?

Old 09-22-09, 04:34 PM
Not sure what you mean. If they are on the web right click them and download to the computer by choosing "save as" or on some picture sharing sites. like PhotoBucket you can use the URL of the photo. To get the picture URL you can choose View Image the copying the URL from the location bar.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: