Lamp Post wiring help

Old 09-29-09, 03:42 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lamp Post wiring help

This past weekend I replaced the broken lantern on my yard post. I didn't write down the wire colors and now the light works, but never goes off and I have a photocell on my post.
I connected the black from the lantern to the small black and large black and red from the post, the white to the white with a large yellow and there was a copper wire in the lantern that is connected to nothing. How should I wire this so that the photocell works correctly? Thanks for the help! nk

Old 09-29-09, 04:33 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ngs012002
This past weekend I replaced the broken lantern on my yard post. I didn't write down the wire colors and now the light works, but never goes off and I have a photocell on my post.
I connected the black from the lantern to the small black and large black and red from the post, the white to the white with a large yellow and there was a copper wire in the lantern that is connected to nothing. How should I wire this so that the photocell works correctly? Thanks for the help! nk

Very simple the black from power source will go to the black wire on the photocell next step is take the red wire from photocell and tie that one to the post luminaire black wire then for all the whites wirenutted together and if you have bare or green wire tie that to the luminaire ground wire or screw.

That is very straght foward task with this and when you test it take a electrical tape to cover over the photocell it will take up to 2 minutes to kick it on.

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: