Ceiling Fan Receiver Wont Fit

Old 11-20-09, 02:11 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ceiling Fan Receiver Wont Fit

Installing a Hunter Ceiling Fan Remote 27148 with a Hampton Bay Fan. Having a problem installing the receiver into the canopy of the fan. It is filled with wires, connectors and the ball of the fan. The fan bracket that is attached to the stud is centered in a way that makes the cavity for the wires to come through to be pretty small which means the receiver wont fit. Should I cut a hole in the sheetrock to make room for the reciever and then patch it afterwards?

Old 11-20-09, 02:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
The splices and receiver need to fit in the junction box and the canopy. Do not install anything outside of the box.

Old 11-20-09, 02:56 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pcboss
The splices and receiver need to fit in the junction box and the canopy. Do not install anything outside of the box.
Thanks PC. Ironic that I was thinking outside of the box and you tell me to stay in it. After looking at it again, there might be room in the box but its soooo tight! Would I be better off completely disconnecting the the fan and go from there?

Last edited by t2star; 11-20-09 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-20-09, 03:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
You can cut the long lead wires down to a more reasonable length. They are made long for the longer down rods.

You may want to try fitting the receiver above the ball.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: