Two Black Wires - No White?

Old 01-04-10, 11:55 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Two Black Wires - No White?

Howdy,
I am trying to hook up a four light pendant chandelier and the instructions say to connect the black wire to the black and white to the white (like most electrical fixtures I guess). However this chandelier has two black wires (connected together) coming out the top of its stem. Hmmmm...wondering which is the 'white' one? I did notice that one of the wires has lettering down its side ('300V' then a bunch of letters).

Old 01-04-10, 01:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Is this a cable or a zip wire used for lamp cord? If it is the latter then the one with ridges on it is the white wire, or neutral. Where is your power coming from? What does the bunch of letters say? We speak "wiring".

Old 01-04-10, 02:53 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Is this a cable or a zip wire used for lamp cord? If it is the latter then the one with ridges on it is the white wire, or neutral. Where is your power coming from? What does the bunch of letters say? We speak "wiring".
actually the one wire does have a noticeable ridge now that i take a closer look. I was looking for something more obvious like a white line...thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: