Allen Roth Ceiling Fan

Old 02-04-10, 04:33 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Allen Roth Ceiling Fan

I just bought an Allen Roth ceiling fan at Lowes for $129. I can't seem to find anything online about it. so now i am wondering if i should take it back instead of mounting it?n Anyone ever used one of these?

Old 02-04-10, 04:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Didn't it come with an instruction sheet? what kind of information are you looking for on it? Have you installed it yet? If so does it work? If not, take it back.

Old 02-04-10, 04:44 PM
T
I haven't opened the box. I am just leery of going to all the trouble of installing it and finding out it is junk! I guess i have just had bad experiences with "off" brand stuff in the past.

Old 02-04-10, 05:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Well, was it the name that caused you to buy it? Go ahead, we understand. You won't be satisfied even if it works perfectly, as you will have in the back of your mind, if you did right. Take it back, get a brand you trust. Peace of mind.

Old 02-04-10, 05:58 PM
Apparently Alan Roth products are "big blue's" version of Martha Stewert.

He's designed some lovely curtain rods and decorative switch plates.

Old 02-04-10, 06:15 PM
T
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Well, was it the name that caused you to buy it? Go ahead, we understand. You won't be satisfied even if it works perfectly, as you will have in the back of your mind, if you did right. Take it back, get a brand you trust. Peace of mind.
I never used to trust Harbor Breeze either till i installed a few. So guess i will give it a go. I can always take it down and return it. I've done that drill before.

Old 02-05-10, 10:10 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I have a feeling Allen Roth fans are probably made by the same Chinese manufacturer who builds Lowe's regular brand of ceiling fans, and likely Harbor Breeze and most of the other private label ceiling fans.

Price is a bit indicative of quality, and $129 certainly isn't the cheapest out there. I'd give it a fair shake unless you just can't bring yourself to install anything other than a Hunter or Casablanca.

Old 02-05-10, 02:44 PM
T
I took it back and got a hunter instead, never even opened it. Just couldn't get past the notion i suppose. I bought a Hunter "5 minute" fan. Supposedly it was supposed to take 5 minutes to install....NOT!!!!

First of all the mount cushions were to thick for my box screws so had to go back and get longer ones at Lowes. Then they came up with this stupid say of mounting the blades that doesn't require hardware.

I am envisioning a blade going through the wall some night while i am sleeping. Lastly, the groment for the fan pull chain won't stay in place and keeps falling out. That will require some super glue i suppose.

Can't anyone just design a decent fan and stick with it?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: