2 of 4 Ceiling Fan Lights NOT working

Old 02-05-10, 11:19 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2 of 4 Ceiling Fan Lights NOT working

Ugh! Hopefully someone can help! We replaced a ceiling fan with a new one. We have 3 switches in the room - left one does nothing (maybe for an outlet?), middle is a dimmer for the ceiling fan light and right is for the fan motor. We connected bare ground to green, white to white, black to black and blue to red. Fan motor on the right switch works fine, dimmer works for the light BUT 2 of the 4 bulb lights on the fan are not working. Yes, I've swapped bulbs to see if coincidentally two are out and it's not the bulbs. Also, we purchased a second fan and install only it's light unit and it's the same problem, so I know it has to do with the wiring and not a faulty unit. It's driving me crazy and I don't get it!!! Any ideas?

Old 02-05-10, 11:44 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
OK folks, I figured it out! Apparently on some models of fans, there is a "half on" and a "full on" setting within the pull string for the lights. I pulled it again, and sure enough, all four lights came on. Super simple solution, but it had me stumped for a long time! Hope this helps someone else out there!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: