ceiling fan light will not turn off by remote

Old 02-06-10, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ceiling fan light will not turn off by remote

After replacing a blown out light bulb in ceiling fan I went to turn off ceiling fan light by using the remote the light will not turn off. The ceiling fan still works fine and I replace the battery in the remote with no help. The ceiling fan has been install for about 3 years with no problems other then having a few no many lights blown from time to time.

Old 02-07-10, 01:00 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Some ceiling fans do have seperated remote kit in the canpony you can able replace it however before you tackle it make sure you turn off the power first this is very important part I never really trust the switch 100% due the ceiling fans some case will have unswitched circuit still in the junction box.

To replace the remote you have to take the canpoy off and you will see the remote contoller that sandwiched in the mounting bracket before you do that make a note all of the connections and that way when you get new unit you will know how it hook back up.

Many big box store will stock the replacement remote units and there are couple verison one is inside the canpony unit and the other verison is wall mounted really basically a remote controller on the wall switch { this is kinda limited so go with ceiling unit first }

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: