Programable Timer Switch with Dimmer

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-10, 05:22 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Programable Timer Switch with Dimmer

I would like to instal a programable timer wall switch that also has a dimmer capability. Does such a product exist?

Old 02-24-10, 10:01 PM
E
Originally Posted by Thomas62 View Post
I would like to instal a programable timer wall switch that also has a dimmer capability. Does such a product exist?
Your best bet would be to install a timer, and on the load side of the timer install a dimmer between the timer and light.
I dont think a combined timer/dimmer exists.

Old 02-25-10, 03:34 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
How much "programming" do you want to do with this? Here is a sample Lutron Electronics MA-L3T251 Maestro Time Control Dimmer that has a countdown timer. Google is your friend.

Old 02-26-10, 08:03 AM
T
Chandler, Thanks for the suggestion but wanted something that that would turn the lights on at a certain time at a dimmed setting, but would give me the option of brightening at will. The lights are on the rear patio, the fixtures are not conducive to daylight sensors.

Old 02-26-10, 01:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Then I'd go with ElectricJoeNJ's suggestion of a timer switch and dimmer on the load side. The timer switches are pretty sophisticated nowadays in that they will automatically adjust for DST and update time of day. HD had a box of them in their clearance aisle the other day.

Old 03-01-10, 07:44 PM
W
wgc
it does exist

My house has something that might work well, if you can find it or a newer version. It is a touchpad to switch on/off/dim, with a timer underneath allowing up to ten events per day, including dimming (but it's easy to program). However it was here when I got the house so I have no idea where to get it.

The front says "First Alert" and the inside says "Pittway model LS500" but google didn't show me anything relevant. It does have manual controls rather than electronic, so might be older.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: