HELP!!! ceiling has 4 sets of wires???

Old 03-05-10, 11:04 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
HELP!!! ceiling has 4 sets of wires???

Okay bought a new ceiling fan and i took it down the old one when my husband was not home and did not look at the wiring he is so we tried putting the new one up but there are alot of wires coming from the ceiling 4 sets with black and white wires one of the sets the white wire has a red line how do these wire up to my ceiling fan. we on the verge of paying an electrician and obscene amount of money just to wire this thing?:

Old 03-05-10, 11:08 AM
E
Originally Posted by roosterroush
Okay bought a new ceiling fan and i took it down the old one when my husband was not home and did not look at the wiring he is so we tried putting the new one up but there are alot of wires coming from the ceiling 4 sets with black and white wires one of the sets the white wire has a red line how do these wire up to my ceiling fan. we on the verge of paying an electrician and obscene amount of money just to wire this thing?:
first things first. Are any of the wires currently spliced together in the box.

Old 03-05-10, 11:10 AM
R
no i think i took them apart when i took down the fan if they were it is a modular home if that might make a difference

Old 03-05-10, 11:32 AM
E
Originally Posted by roosterroush
no i think i took them apart when i took down the fan if they were it is a modular home if that might make a difference
ill try to help you out. First i need you to take apart the switch. Dont remove any wires, just open it up, take the switch out and tell me what it looks like. How many wires, what colors, whats on the switch, and are there any splices. Also do you by chance have a voltage tester. If not, i would go buy one this will save you alot of money you would pay an electrican to do this for you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: