how to bypass sensor in touch lamp??

Old 04-04-10, 05:53 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question how to bypass sensor in touch lamp??

I would like to rewire/bypass the sensor in a touch lamp to make it a regular lamp. Can someone give me directions?

thanks much,

LindaC

Old 04-04-10, 06:29 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Welcome to the forums.

The controller is usually in the base. Remove the bulb. Unplug the lamp, turn it upside down and remove the bottom cover. Cut the wires from the plug where they enter the controller. Cut the wires that lead to the socket as close to the controller as you can. You can remove the controller, but it's not necessary.

Strip about 3/8" of insulation off the wires. One wire coming from the plug should be smooth. Match it with the smooth wire that's going to the socket. Use a small gray wire nut to join them together. The other set of wires should have a ridge, ridges, or other identifying marks. Join them together. Put the lamp back together, screw in the bulb, and plug it in.

-- If the wires are too short to join, remove the small grommet that holds the plug cord and slide extra cord into the base. Put the grommet back in place when you're done.
-- If the lamp socket doesn't have a switch you'll have to replace it. Hardware stores sell lamp parts.

Good luck with your project!

Old 04-04-10, 06:38 AM
L
Thanks Rick,

Maybe I can try this this evening. This lamp will be plugged into my master switch as computer accessory so no need for off/on switch. I think :-)

Will let you know.

thanks again,

LindaC

Old 04-14-10, 09:24 AM
L
Rick??

hope you are still with me. I was down a few days.

the lamp is a wall one with a Zing Ear TP-01 sensor. Would the directions differ?

will check back later.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: