Re-Wiring a Celing Fan

Old 05-19-10, 08:17 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Re-Wiring a Celing Fan

I have a Hampton Bay fan with a wireless controller model # FAN 2R CWE; FCC ID L3HJAN95FAN2R

The wireless controller is not working any longer and I would like to find out what wire(s) I need to connect together in order to just remove it and thus control the fan soley from a dual light/fan wall switch. The controller has a circuit board that controls if the fan or light is on and at what speed. I need to know how to bypass it.

Old 05-20-10, 10:03 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pcrtx View Post
I have a Hampton Bay fan with a wireless controller model # FAN 2R CWE; FCC ID L3HJAN95FAN2R

The wireless controller is not working any longer and I would like to find out what wire(s) I need to connect together in order to just remove it and thus control the fan soley from a dual light/fan wall switch. The controller has a circuit board that controls if the fan or light is on and at what speed. I need to know how to bypass it.
Welcome to the Forums.

Well in order to better assist you we need to know what wires you have at the fan and switch box. IF the fan was wired correctly using a 14/3 cable, then it will be easy. IF it was wired using a 14/2 cable then you will only be able to control the fan/light from the wall switch and use the pull chains. Sometimes they run constant power and switched power to a fan so you can switch the light and pull chain control the fan. Let us know what the wiring looks like now, without taking anything apart, and well do our best to help you out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: