2 Ceiling Fan Remote Controls are competing with each other

Old 07-16-10, 01:16 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2 Ceiling Fan Remote Controls are competing with each other

I need to reset the dip switches in a second ceilling fan remote control as it is turning on another remote controlled fan/light in another part of the house. Can I pick any other combination on the dip switches and match it at the hand held remote? .......or is there a dedicated set to toggle these switches to so they are different from the other remote controls? Thanks for all your great help!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-10, 01:49 PM
You can set those switches anyway you want as long as they match.

Old 07-16-10, 02:06 PM
Thank You! You guys rock!!!

The 'moved' fan/light w/remote control was moved from my guest room to another bedroom. The competing fan/remote is in my master bedroom. I am glad I caught this by moving it to another location That would have been embarrassing when my visitors turns on their light and my lights comes on too....or vice versus. Hahaha! It has been installed in the guess room for a good six months and I had another brief incident(gremlins!!) before while installing it but I never connected the two! LOL! Thank You! It's all good! You guys need a Convention just for you!

I may put it back in........cause that would be fun to mess with somebody! Isn't life is so much fun! hehe! No, I am not mean, just fun stuff!

Last edited by Raemarti; 07-16-10 at 02:34 PM. Reason: adding info