Recessed Light Stopped Working

Old 09-09-10, 02:04 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Recessed Light Stopped Working

I have a Halo H1499IC fixture that has stopped working. Two fixtures went out within a day of each other (both @ 2 years old) and used new bulbs but one still will not work (was tested in the other fixture so I know bulb isn't issue).

From reading posts on thermal protectors, they sound like they may have given some prior warning either from sound clicking on/off or light working intermittently. Neither of these happened.

Is there some other possible cause or do I need to replace the entire fixture? If so I will need someone in as I need to rip open ceiling. Are there any warranties on these fixtures to cover repair - seems 2 years is an awfully short time for lifespan.

Old 09-09-10, 03:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
The thermal protector will cause the light to work intermittently, heating up turning off, cooling down, turning on. I believe you will find the center contact in the light to be bent in too far. With the power off, reach a pair of needle nose pliers or 1960's hemostats up and bend the tang slightly down so it will contact the bulb better once it is screwed in.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: