pool table lights

Old 12-27-10, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pool table lights

In my down stairs game room I have three ceiling mounted light fixtures that are controlled be several wall switches. The middle light fixture is a hanging three light over my pool table. I would like to not have these three lights on when I'm not playing pool. What is the best way to do this? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-10, 10:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
In my down stairs game room I have three ceiling mounted light fixtures that are controlled be several wall switches.
Do you mean that each light is separately controlled by switches at multiple locations? Or do you have all the lights are turned off and on as a group by switches at multiple locations. Or do you mean each light is controlled by a separate switch at a single location.

Old 12-28-10, 01:32 PM
All the lights including the three lamp pool table light are controlled by three separate switches. Any one of switches will turn on or off all the lights.

Old 12-28-10, 02:31 PM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by nbmiller123 View Post
All the lights including the three lamp pool table light are controlled by three separate switches. Any one of switches will turn on or off all the lights.
Good so what you have is a two 3-ways and a 4-way switch. Do you want the pool table light controlled by two 3-ways and a 4-way or do you want a single switch or some other combination. Where do you want the new switch or switches?

You will almost certainly have to run new cable. Do you have easy access to the ceiling such as removable ceiling panels? Simplest might be a remote control but the other lights would have to be on for the pool table lights to work.

Old 12-28-10, 04:11 PM
I was thinking that a remote control would be the best solution. It would be very difficult to run wire. It would be fine for the other lights to be on when the pool table lights are on. I already have a remote control for a ceiling fan that I was not able to use, this should work shouldn't it?

Old 12-28-10, 05:48 PM
Group Moderator
Yes, that should work. Post back with any specific questions you have on how to hook it up. Include the color of each wire on the remote.