Surface mounted Outdoor Wall Lighting

Old 11-14-11, 01:29 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Surface mounted Outdoor Wall Lighting

I have a customer/ friends brother who wants four outdoor wall lights installed in the back and side of his house. These will be surface mounted on stucco.

There is one existing light that will be removed and I will install a 4 sq. weatherproof Bell box. I plan on coming out of the box with pipe and basically daisy chaining the other three lights with pipe and 4 sq Bell boxes.

The customer did not wait for me to go purchase the lights and got lights with a large rectangular base that will obviously not fit on a 4 sq. box. I informed him I could install them this way, but it will look like crap. He is okay with that. Me, not so much.

Are there any suggestions on how to install lights like these when you have to run pipe, without it looking like crap. Here is a link to what the fixture looks like.

Quoizel Lighting | Search Results

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-11, 03:15 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
The carpenter in me would put a wood frame around the box but that is not a Sparky answer. I'd suggest you look at Arlington industries on line. They seem to have a ready made solution for about any box mounting situation. Siding Mounting Blocks | Siding Electrical Boxes and Plates