Help! My dog ate the battery holder!

Reply

  #1  
Old 12-02-11, 06:42 AM
T
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help! My dog ate the battery holder!

I have a set of miniature battery operated street lights for my Christmas village. The batter case ( and on-off switch) fell, pulling out the wires and my dog ate the case. All I have left are the wires hanging down. Is there any way to fix it? I have a small soldering iron.
Thanks!
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-02-11, 07:02 AM
P
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 23,757
Received 632 Votes on 584 Posts
You can buy battery holders at many online electronics or pinball supply stores. You should also be able to find them at a Radio Shack. Do you remember how many cells your decorations took? Buy a battery holder with the same number of cells and connect your wires. If you want to get fancy you can put an on/off switch in the line so you don't have to pull the batteries to turn it on/off.
 
  #3  
Old 12-02-11, 08:16 AM
ray2047's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 33,583
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
I'd suggest a DC wall wart (plug in power supply. If you don't know the voltage of the village get an adjustable PS and start with the lowest voltage and if the bulbs are dim go up one step. If you had only two batteries my guess would be 3v.
 
Reply
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: