Wiring Lighted Switches

Old 12-30-11, 08:07 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring Lighted Switches

I think I have this right but wanted some extra opinions! I am installing 12 VDC headlights on an old tractor & I plan to used a lighted 30A switch. Obviously the switch needs a ground (it has a plastic case) so the light can come on when the switch is closed. The only wiring diagram is very small on the back of the switch. There are two opposing tabs on top & bottom of the switch & then a center tab that sticks up higher than the other 2. If I am interpreting this correctly, the 12V+ power comes in on the bottom tab, the ground is on the opposing tab & the load, or 12V+ that goes to the light hot wire when the switch is closed or "on" comes from the middle. I will probably do a test wire prior to installation before I commit to rigging it all up. Thanks for any input!

Pictures by Texas-Fire - Photobucket

TexasFire

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-11, 05:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
What a skinchy diagram. Not sure if this switch will light with it closed or open, since the contacts may be opposite each other. My take would be supply on the center lug, load on the lug closest to the diagram and the ground on the other lug. Yeah, do a test run or check the operation with an ohm meter before you go live.