what would this be called & who has one?

Old 01-17-12, 02:34 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question what would this be called & who has one?

I have a ceiling with a recessed light fixture in it. There is a spot light in the socket. I want to unscrew the bulb and put in some type of accessory that has a swivel in the middle and a socket on the bottom. I would then screw the spot light bulb into that, thus allowing me to aim it somewhat around the room.

No, I do not want to put in a new fixture; it's a rental.

Does anything exist that does what I've described? I have calle all of the chain home improvement places (and local hardware stores) and none carry that or even know its name.

TIA,

Stan

Old 01-17-12, 03:05 PM
J
Hmm, don't know about the particular thing you're thinking of, but I have an idea. If it's a regular A19/Edison socket, you could get a plug/receptacle converter, then plug in any light you want into that. I've got an MR-11 spot light that can be mounted with one screw. I use it to shine on a piece of art. This looks like a bigger version:

http://lighting-supply.hometownhardw...t-s521395.html

Now, the above is just one I found with a brief search. I don't know if it can be mounted like mine. But, should help in your search.

Old 01-17-12, 03:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 141 Votes on 125 Posts
I have never seen a swivel socket extender.

Old 01-17-12, 03:44 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Do a Google search using swivel light bulb extender for the search term. Lots of hits.

Old 01-17-12, 03:47 PM
P
Well thanks for giving it a name...images.google.com shows me http://www.servicelighting.com/catpics/satco/77606.jpg

Which is what I am looking for, only a bit less expensive.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: