Ceiling Fan regular malfunction ? help pls.

Old 05-10-12, 02:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceiling Fan regular malfunction ? help pls.

I am facing a weird problem of ceiling fan getting spoilt / bearing getting worn out regularly. I have tried getting new bearings installed & for that matter even getting a new ceiling fan -but every time (even a new fan) ends up making noise & the ball bearing getting spoilt.

Can anyone let me know the reasons for the same ? Can it be a fan speed regulator issue ? Is the fan regulator that is making the fan run at a wrong/faster speed and hence fan bearings get damaged ?

Insight.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-12, 03:06 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If you are talking about a ceiling fan and not a whole house fan, you may be spending more money on bearings than the fan is worth. A good quality fan should last for a long time without bearing failure. The bearings are permanently lubricated, so I am not sure why yours have repeated failures.

Old 05-10-12, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exactly ! Which is why I changed the fan - but even a new one ended with the same problem.

Wanted to get into the root cause of the issue & hence looking for an expert who can guide me to a solution or familiar with such a problem & resolution.

Thanks.

Old 05-10-12, 06:15 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Just an off-the-wall question: Is the power supply a match for the power requirement of the fan?