2 3 way dimmer switch trying to dim the light in the fan in living room.....

Old 05-20-12, 05:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2 3 way dimmer switch trying to dim the light in the fan in living room.....

Hello, I have a 3 way circuit. I have a 2 gang switch box for a fan/light and one on the opposite wall for the same fan/light, the fan and the light are 3-way, but I want to dim the light on the fan at both locations using the Lutron GL-603PH-DK (3 way dimmer switch). 1st box:14-2 (feed in), 14-2 (feed out), 14-3 (fan), 14-3 (light), all grounds spliced together with 2 pigtails for ground screws on the 2 switches. All the white (neutral) twisted together with a wire nut. The hot (black) from my feed in and feed out are spliced together with 2 pigtails for my common on my 3 way switch and my Lutron GL-603PH-DK (3 way dimmer switch). Then using Lutron GL-603PH-DK (3 way dimmer switch) for light I have black and red from 14-3 are my travelers going to box #2.Then using basic 3 way switch for fan I have black and red from 14-3 are my travelers going to box #2. Box #2 : I have A. 14-3 from box #1 for travelers for light. B. 14-3 from box #1 for travelers for fan. C. 14-3 switch legs to the fan/light. Grounds are spliced together with 2 pigtails for ground screws to the switches, all neutrals are together with a wire nut, the black and red travelers from my Lutron GL-603PH-DK (3 way dimmer switch) from Box #1 to the 2nd Lutron GL-603PH-DK (3 way dimmer switch) in Box #2, using the red from the 14-3 going to the fan/light as my common. The black and red travelers coming from my basic 3 way switch from Box #1 to my basic 3 way switch in Box #2 and using the black from the 14-3 going to the fan/light as my common.

Is it possible to turn on and off and dim the light in the fan with the Lutron GL-603PH-DK (3 way dimmer switch) I have installed at both loacations???

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-12, 07:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Most 3-way dimmer switches that enable controlling the light level from each location consist of a master-slave pair. I couldn't find real information on the switch you mentioned - the Lutron GL-603PH-DK. Do you have a different designation for it, or a link to an online resource?