Christmas Lighting Ideas

Old 10-01-12, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face Christmas Lighting Ideas

Hello all!

I would like to generate few Christmas Lighting ideas for this year and I need your help! Of course I am planning to decorate the tree. But this year I want my husband to help me put lighting outside the house as well.

Running extension cords from the outlets or electrical wiring should not be an issue. What I am wondering is how can I make the lights flash! I already have some static lights for the trees. I am planning to buy for the outdoors.

Is there any device or gadget I can buy locally or order online that can make my static lights animating the way I want? I want to have total control over the blinking patterns or flash!

I am a complete newbie in electronics! So, please help me find a solution.

- Sarah

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-12, 08:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 73 Votes on 65 Posts
I can not think of any easy way to do it, however, Google is your friend. Search "holiday lighting control systems" and you will get some good hits. Your looking at simple on/off systems like x10, or complex computer controlled systems. The sky's the limit!

I was looking at this WowLights.com - Musical Christmas Lights, Christmas Light Controllers, Light-O-Rama Seamed it might fit what you are looking for. Again, the sky and budgets are unlimited.

Last edited by Tolyn Ironhand; 10-01-12 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-01-12, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Running extension cords from the outlets or electrical wiring should not be an issue.
So long as everything is outdoor rated and the receptacles have in-use covers, you should be fine.

Old 10-02-12, 01:36 PM
Tolyn my sky is about the height of my roof!! Wowlight got some good option but I guess if I want out-of-the-box solution then I will have to pay for it. I am googling for a good (and reasonably priced) solution. What I was hoping (and lord knows, praying) for is some kind of circuit box that I can on / off and it will flash / animate the tree lights. So far no hope!

Old 10-02-12, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
What I was hoping (and lord knows, praying) for is some kind of circuit box that I can on / off and it will flash / animate the tree lights.
Something like this Holiday Light Show and Timer Control Power Supply?

Old 10-02-12, 05:03 PM
What exactly do you plan on doing? Are you looking for something that just blinks, or goes to music? Do you want it to be pre-programmed, or do you want to program it yourself? Do you mind building it, or would you rather plug-and-play? Let us know what you want exactly, and we'll help you.