Converting a Scentsy unit to cordless?

Old 10-11-12, 03:43 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Converting a Scentsy unit to cordless?

(hopefully this is in the right place)

I have tried looking online to see if anyone else has done it, but no one seems to have.

Anyway, I was wondering if it was possible to convert it from plug to possibly battery operated?
It runs on a basic wall plug and uses a 25-watt bulb to heat the wax.

Any suggestions on how to do this (if there is a way)?

Old 10-11-12, 04:15 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Tell us why you want to do this and maybe we can help but you probably can't in a practical way. If this is a screw in Edison base (medium base) bulb you can buy 12 volt DC versions but they are intended for 12 volt auto batteries. I can't say if one of those bulbs would be hot enough to melt the wax. If you explain in detail what a Scentsy is and how it works we might be able to help you better. I had to Google just to even get a rough idea what it was.

Old 10-11-12, 04:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! OK, you got me. I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, so fill me in on what a Sentsy unit is. Is it one of those Glade plug in's??
Your only problem would being able to have enough current to run a 25 watt bulb for any length of time off a battery. The battery drain would be too great.

Old 10-11-12, 04:23 PM
C
Its basically an oil burner. The housing is ceramic and the dish sits about 1 1/2 to 2 inches above the bulb. Of course, the wax melts and makes everything smell lovely while providing decorative lighting.

I had a feeling it may not be feasible but figured I'd ask. Wish how our apartment is set up, there is limited wall plugs and i hate to have yet ANOTHER power strip to have this thing plugged in.

If I could convert it to something other than plug in power, great. If not, oh well.

Thanks!

Old 10-11-12, 04:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I just don't think anything less than a car battery would run a bulb of that size for any length of time, and I am sure a car battery next to Aunt Gertrude's picture isn't what you have in mind

Old 10-11-12, 04:38 PM
C
Ha no its not. Figured I'd ask though.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: