ELECTRICIANS....need help wiring?

Old 10-12-12, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ELECTRICIANS....need help wiring?

Problem:

I have a utility room that gets too hot. I want to exhaust the room with a fan connected to a thermostat so the fan runs when it gets to a certain temperature and stops at another.

Parts purchased:

Inductor 6" In-Line Duct Fan from lowes Shop Inductor 6" In-Line Duct Fan at Lowes.com

Honeywell 1-Week Programmable Thermostat from lowes Shop Honeywell 1-Week Programmable Thermostat at Lowes.com

Details:

The fan has three wires. White/black/green. They are only ten inches long. The manual that comes with it is no help. The thermostat has five terminals. Again, the manual is no help. It only shows how to replace an already existing thermostat. I have never had one in this room so there are no wires already there.

Question:

How would i wire this and install it so the fan runs and stops at certain temperatures? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-12, 02:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Using a HVAC thermostat won't do the job. I believe even the fan needs to go back. I would opt for a thermostatically controlled exhaust fan with settings a little higher than the thermostat will afford. Example only: 1600 CFM Power Attic Ventilator Gable Mount-CX1600UPS at The Home Depot