Operating the ceiling fan via the remote and via a wall mount controller

Old 10-19-12, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Operating the ceiling fan via the remote and via a wall mount controller

Hello Forum members
I purchased and installed five new Hampton Bay ceiling fans in my house. They all came with a remote control with the receiver in the base of the ceiling fans. I made sure that I set five different codes for each fan and remote pair.
Now, I also purchased five wall mounted (for single plex electrical box mount) remote controls model 9050H, also from Hampton Bay. The idea behind this is that I can turn on the leight (in the fan) right at the door or even start the fan motor while the remote control is laying on the night stands in order to turn off the light and/or the fan.
I made sure that I selected the exact same code with the four dip-switches on the wall controller as I previously selected on the remote control and the receiver in the ceiling fan. Furthermore, the wall controller came also with a battery which I inserted.
I was convinced that all would work fine, but the wall controller doesn't do a thing other than lighting that little LED on the controller whenever I push a button.
These Hamton Bay wall controllers that I purchased came actually together with a receiver again. This receiver looks however exactly the same as the receiver that came with the ceiling fans.
Do you think that I have to use the receiver that came with the wall controller, but then, would the remote control that came with the fan still work? I am lost and Home Depot can't help nor would they give me a phone number that I could call to get an answer to my question.
Can you help me?

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-12, 05:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 508 Votes on 478 Posts
Hampton Bay seems to march to it's own drums. It doesn't always seem to do things logically. Some part numbers might be of some help.

Hampton Bays customer help line phone number is 1-877-527-0313.

Old 10-20-12, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you PJMax. I will try that number and reply afterwards.

Old 10-20-12, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Welcome to the forums!

Home Depot can't help nor would they give me a phone number that I could call to get an answer to my question.
Hampton Bay is the HD house brand. It seems strange that they wouldn't have the contact info at their fingertips. If you don't get satisfaction through the Hampton Bay system, you can try HD's help system.

That said, I doubt if you can get the two separate control systems to act as one. They are probably made to be non-interfering. But maybe I'm wrong. See Can I get a hand remote to go with a wall mount universal remote fan controller?