Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Lighting, Light Fixtures, Ceiling and Exhaust Fans
Reload this Page >

mounting screws, standard white porcelain ceiling mount pull chain light fixture

mounting screws, standard white porcelain ceiling mount pull chain light fixture

Old 11-05-12, 07:24 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question mounting screws, standard white porcelain ceiling mount pull chain light fixture

I don't want to purchase a whole new fixture if there is a way to acquire the screws alone. What specification are these screws and where / how can I acquire them?

Old 11-05-12, 07:40 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Apparently 6-32, 8-32, and 10-32 thread patterns are common in electrical work. Those sizes are regularly stocked at a typical hardware store.

I've found that Ace Hardware is best if you want someone to essentially find the right part for you. They seem to have more time, and the cost difference compared to a big-box store isn't enough to matter for small hardware like this.

Old 11-05-12, 07:43 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
8-32 for an octagon ceiling box. 10-24 for a ceiling fan box.

Old 11-08-12, 06:09 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Why do you need to replace these screws? What happened to the ones that were in there before? Did you lose them, or did they strip out and stop holding?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: