Christmas Lights!!

Old 12-03-12, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Christmas Lights!!

Hello,

I just hung christmas lights 1 week ago and had a bad bulb, which all the lights still worked, but the one, I changed the bad bulb and everything was good! All the lights worked!

Just yesterday the women tryed plugging the lights in and the whole string of lights don't work!
I have 6 stringers plugged into each other and not one single bulb works! I took my Tick Tracer and I have power through-out all 6 stringers, but the lights don't work!!

Not every bulb took a crap, something else is wrong and can't figure it out, please help!!

Old 12-03-12, 10:38 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
I took my Tick Tracer and I have power through-out all 6 stringers, but the lights don't work
Tick tracer (non contact testers) are useless for any serious testing. False positives are common. So that means nothing.

I have 6 stringers plugged into each other and not one single bulb works
I believe 3 is usually the maximum recommended.There may be a small fuse in the end plug that has blown or you may have damaged a connection with two high a current draw.

If not a fuse in a light string first check that you actually have power to the receptacle by plugging in a lamp.

If you have power then test each string to see if only one is really bad. They really aren't fixable. Replace any string that doesn't work if it isn't just a fuse.

Last edited by ray2047; 12-03-12 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-03-12, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'd change the fuse. Generally you can only connect 3 retail grade strings together.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: