PLEASE..Quick question on Light fixture wiring. PICS attached

Old 12-03-12, 01:57 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PLEASE..Quick question on Light fixture wiring. PICS attached

I am installing a 4 bulb Florescent lighting fixture with a "Quick Disconnect" in my garage. The box coming out of the ceiling has 1 Red wire, 2 white wires and a ground.

My light fixture has a black and white wire. Im a bit confused with this "Quick disconnect" and not sure where the wires should be plugged. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

The fixture i purchased;
Wrap 4-Light Flush-Mounted White Multi-Volt Ballast Ceiling Light-LB 4 32 MVOLT 1/4 MVIS at The Home Depot

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-12, 02:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 148 Votes on 132 Posts
Best thing to do it install long pigtails in the ceiling box because you will need to run these into the new fixture. Splice all the whites together, and then splice a colored wire to the red and a bare wire to the ground. Attach the fixture to the ceiling pulling your long pigtails into the fixture.

The quick disconnect is the same as a push in connector. Cut the wires from the ceiling and strip off about 1/2" of insulation. Then just push in the wires in the proper spot. White goes in the white side and red/colored goes in the black side. The white going to the ballast should have been connected in the other hole next to the black wire coming from the ballast.

Welcome to the forums!