Ceiling fan help please.

Old 06-02-13, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceiling fan help please.

Hello all I am having some trouble with this Honeywell ceiling fan remote. I have taken the ceiling fan down and looking at the wires I do not have enough to hook up. I had a black wire, a white wire, and a green. The Honeywell I have hooked up on the one side, black to black with white to white. I am stumped though on hooking up the fan portion of the wires. As I stated there are only three wires (black, white, and green; green being ground) and the Honeywell device has a blue (light), and then a white and black (labeled motor). Not sure how or if I can hook it up. Hope this isn't confusing and thanks in advanced for the help. If need be I can post pictures to make it a bit clearer.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-13, 10:32 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Does the fan have a light? If not the blue (load) wire on the remote receiver is not connected. It is capped off. Assumes remote has two line wires and three load wires plus ground, five wires plus ground total.

If the fan has a light but no blue wire it may mean it came with a built in remote receiver. Does it have pull chain switches? Model number might help us.

Old 06-02-13, 11:07 AM
Sorry the model number for the Honeywell is model number 40011 and the fan model number is 852C. The fan originally had a remote that controlled both the lights and the fan speed so there are no chains.

Old 06-02-13, 11:56 AM
Group Moderator
Received 374 Votes on 351 Posts
I'm a little lost here.....the fan already has a remote in it and you are removing the old one and installing the new kit.....is that correct ?

The wires and colors should match exactly.

Old 06-02-13, 01:09 PM
It had a remote for it but it stopped working (yes I did try new batteries in it). The honeywell 40011 is the new remote and receiver that is suppose to be universal. Though there are only two wires from the fan (model 852c) not including the green ground wire. So the three wires running from the Honeywell receiver has an extra wire (blue labeled lights, black labeled motor L, and white labeled motor N).

Old 06-02-13, 02:22 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
From your description the light connections are internal to the factory receiver and not external wires that can be easily accessed if, accessible at all, for connection to a universal receiver.

Old 06-02-13, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
the fan model number is 852C.
What company made the fan?