Need opinion on Lithonia Lighting 6 inch LED 6BPMW M4 + housing

Old 06-10-13, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need opinion on Lithonia Lighting 6 inch LED 6BPMW M4 + housing

I am about to order 25 of these for installation throughout my basement:

Lithonia Lighting 6 in. Recessed White LED Baffle Downlight-6BPMW M4 at The Home Depot

6" P Series LED Modules -

Seems like it is really a good deal at $27 each. I have found a Lutron dimmer that works perfectly with them.

These will go into new construction 6" housing, on which I have yet to decide on and open to suggestions.

Just want to make sure that I am not missing anything as not much feedback on them at either Home Depot or Amazon ...

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-13, 02:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I'm putting 16 of them in a basement remodel I am working on, now. Not a bad price, since they were $39 Each comes with a screw in edison base with a pigtail and plug. The baffle has a matching plug on it. Screw in the base, make the plug connection and spring them in place. They are dimmable, so you're good.

Old 06-15-13, 04:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
They seem fine to me. They look much classier with their stepped baffle (and seem better built...longer warranty also) than the EcoSmart that gets all the raves. The Lithonia could be a little warmer as they're no 2700k incandescent, but they're not too cold. Some boxes showed 3000k and others 3184k...I grabbed all 3000k. And I really dislike the cheap baffle on the EcoSmart...:NO NO NO:

I used a 10% off code ($34.99 original) and my local utility has a $15/each subsidy on up to six...

I just installed 8 of them in my kitchen/family room (4/each) on two separate dimmers. I planned on using the dirt cheap Halo new construction housings (H7ICT)...and did for the family area. But my unfloored (?) attic gets so small over the kitchen that I didn't want to mess with crawling to each spot, dragging plywood sections, housings, wire and a hammer so I took back the 4 remaining (H7ICT) and went with the remodel housings (H7RICT) for the kitchen area. The Lithonia M4 worked great in both housings, took maybe two minutes for each LED module install (screw in the Edison base, attach the ground to the butterfly nut, plug-in the plug, squeeze the spring clips in and slide it up)...25 of them might make your fingers sore as a few of the butterfly nuts were very tight lol.

Now, I did glance at the approved dimmer list and noticed the Lutron Maestro was not on it- but it looked so cool with the little green lights, push button and fading features. This is actually why I jumped back on this forum...they won't turn off completely with this dimmer. They go full bright and will fade very low with no flicker, but won't go full off, just a tiny bit of light where the LED module is (say 95% off). I hope there's some tweak I can do but I haven't found anything on LED's not going full off with the Maestro. I did grab two Lutron Divas (on the approved dimmer list) when I bought everything so I guess I'll pop one in this weekend and see of it works...but I love the fades of the Maestro!

This was my first big electrical project that also included LED under-cabinets (plugged-into a switched outlet), a new over table light and a pendant over the sink. I also just installed a new outdoor GFCI outlet for a bug zapper at the end of the house/backyard. I feel pretty handy lol.