Nutone Fan Replacement (QT110NB)

Old 07-06-13, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nutone Fan Replacement (QT110NB)

I had a Nutone QT110NB bathroom fan go out. Replacing the motor is not an option because the mounting frame has been damaged during the removal. I've looked at several fans in a store, but none of them look like I would be able to mount them without sheetrock work. Does anyone know of fans that are currently on the market that are designed to work as a retrofit for the Nutone QT110NB? I don't mind making the hole a little bigger.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-13, 08:26 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Nutone Products: NuTone QT110 Replacement Bath Fan Parts

They have the housing too, if that's what was damaged.

Old 07-07-13, 07:46 AM
Thank you Pulpo. I checked out the site that they talk about (Central Vacuum Stores - Central Vacuum Systems, Intercoms and More - www.CentralVacuumStores.com). They do sell motor housings there, but not the part that actually attaches to the joists. I don't know if you are familiar with the Nutone QT110NB, but it has a metal housing that fastens to the joists. Then you just slide the motor housing in and fasten it with 3 screws. The metal housing that attaches to the joists is damaged. I have found some other places that sell replacement motors, but not the housing I need. I was hoping there was something on the market that was designed to go in and replace that type of fan. The other ones that I looked either needed large braces that I couldn't fit through the existing hole to span to the other joists, or the flange to attach it to only one joist was on the wrong side for how my fan is set up.

Thanks.

Old 07-07-13, 09:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Post some pictures of the damaged part from multiple angles and maybe someone will have an idea how to fix it. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/li...-pictures.html

Old 07-07-13, 03:47 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Call Nutone directly, if you can't find what you need.