WIND and motion sensor security lighting ??

Old 07-22-13, 02:38 PM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
WIND and motion sensor security lighting ??

I wanted to install a security light with a motion sensor, outside, near our bedroom slider. There are trees and shrubs close by. My past limited experience is that wind blowing branches/limbs will keep the lights on and off all night. Don't want this.

I have read about dual technology sensors, IR and microwave together, that will supposedly activate only when a human or critter walks by. Heath/Zenith told me that their sensors are PIR only and that blowing branches, etc. will not set the light off. (I dunno).

Can someone give me the real skinny, please. I think I will have to buy a quality light/sensor to get the result we seek. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-13, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have two sensors made by Zenith. They are heat activated. They will sense body heat or the heat from the truck when I pull into the driveway. The indoor one senses the cat going up or down the stairs which is a bit annoying. Stupid cat is wasting my electricity. When the ambient temperature is very warm they will be a bit less sensitive.

Old 07-22-13, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
My outdoor sensor turns the security light on every time my A/C condensing unit starts up, because it sees the column of warm air rising out of it. Works better in the winter.

It is, BTW, a quality unit.