bypass ceiling fan remote issue

Old 09-10-13, 12:59 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
bypass ceiling fan remote issue

I have a allen+roth ceiling fan from Lowes. It came with a remote transmitter and receiver. I do not want to use them, since I have wiring for wall switches. When I hook the fan and light up without the transmitter and receiver, nothing works. Only with the remote. There must be a way, but I am at a loss. Lowes was less than helpful, and after trying forever to get Allen+Roth on the phone, and leaving a message that has gone unanswered for 2 weeks, I am searching for help.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-13, 01:23 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 353 Votes on 324 Posts
I have never installed a Allen Roth fan but have run into that problem with other brands of fans. I did have luck contacting Hunter and Harbor Breeze and they confirmed that remote control ceiling fans can not be hard wired to separately control the fan and lights. Basically you have to buy a non-remote controlled fan. Hopefully someone will chime in with a solution for your brand.

Old 09-13-13, 08:35 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Welcome to the forums!

I'm arriving late to the party but, if you will post a link to the model of allen + roth fan you have, and to its installation instructions, we may be able to help you. We've just returned from visiting a friend who has what looks like an allen + roth 48-in Santa A Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan in her living room. It's controlled by a dual switch.

I wish I had seen this while we were still there. We'll see her again in a week or so, though. Post the information and we'll go from there.