Quick Connects

Old 10-03-13, 06:48 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Quick Connects

I am trying to install this fluorescent strip light and it of course comes with no wiring instructions. It has a quick connect and I just want to make sure I understand what I'm hooking up.

When I first opened the box, the connector looked like the first image, which has 4 holes on one end as you can see in the second picture, 2 black and 2 white. You can also disconnect that portion of the connector to reveal what is shown in the third picture and has only 2 holes on the ends as shown in the 4th.

What are all these different connections for. I just want to hard-wire the light in, so I have some 12-2 cable coming into the fixture. I would think the extra parts are for stringing multiple fixtures together. However, I just want one fixture wired, so at what part of these connectors do I insert the black and white wires from my 12-2 cable?

Attached Images     
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-13, 07:25 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,049 Votes on 973 Posts
Not sure how many parts you have there but in that block with the two white ports and the two blacks..... The white wire gets stripped (1/2") and pushed into either white port. The black wire gets stripped (1/2") and pushed into either black port. The ground goes to the green screw.