Installing 12v Marine LED Lighting in home, please help....

Old 10-17-13, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Installing 12v Marine LED Lighting in home, please help....

Hi everyone. So i'm hoping someone can tell me if I'm doing this right. I need a safe transformer product to convert standard 120v to 12v with the following products....

Could I use this transformer ( Lightech Let 75 BF Dimmable Electronic Lighting Transformer 120V to 12V Pendant | eBay ) to safely install this 12v marine light in my home ( OceanLED - 30i Hybrid Series ) using this dimmer switch ( Lutron Viertiģ Dimmer and Switch Overview ) ????

Thanks for your help!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-13, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
From the looks of it the transformer is 12V ac and the marine lights are 12V dc led's --- which means they aren't compatiable with one another.

Either you will need to find a 12V dc supply or change the lights from led to incandescant.

Old 10-17-13, 10:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 475 Votes on 445 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Those LED light fixtures are designed to be mounted thru the hull of the boat. You'll need to check and make sure that they don't require the water to keep cool if you plan to run them out of water..

The dimmer you choose needs to be compatible to run a transformer. It should say compatible with dimmable CFC and LED lights. You'll also need a dimmable transformer like in the link below. You actually only need a 20 watt driver.

40W 12V DC Dimmable LED Power Supply LED Driver Low Voltage Transformer NEMA3 | eBay