Confused...

Old 11-18-13, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Confused...

Ok...so I am trying to put up an outside light at my woodstove so I wont have to carry a flashlight AND try to load the stove at night. I also dont want my wife having to do that should I be away. Went to Lowes and bought a two-light fixture controlled by a switch and hard-wired it in with the breaker for the stove. Made sure I had everything wired right and as long as I leave the switch in the on position, the light works but when I turn it off, its kicking my breaker. Tried another switch thinking the first one was bad, but same result. What am I missing? Only thing I can figure is bad wiring in the fixture...need some help please!!

Ive run my wiring through conduit and made sure I got the right hardware for install (got help from a store associate...very knowledgeable). Any help is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-13, 09:19 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
and hard-wired it in with the breaker for the stove.
Explain exactly how you did that.
Made sure I had everything wired right
Explain exactly how you wired the switch.
got help from a store associate...very knowledgeable)
Or so you thought. This is really simple but not sure what you did so hard to answer. Some things like connecting to the stove breaker sound odd. More logical would be to connect to the power supply at the stove if the lights and switch are at the stove. Can you post pictures of the wiring connections you made? http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 11-18-13, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can you please detail how and where the wires are connected.