Hunter Fan Remote Problem

Old 12-14-13, 07:32 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hunter Fan Remote Problem

What a great forum!

Hunter fan model # 23681-420

I have a couple of these fans, they are around 8 years old. One of them is having the following issue:

The light button on one of the remotes does not work, the light works when the wall switch is on. The remote does not control the light anymore. The fan speeds all work fine.

I took the remote to the other fan, changed the addressing to work with the other fan, it did control the lights as designed. So, its not the remote. I readdressed the remote to the original settings. It still has the same issue.

Has the remote receiver gone bad?

Thanks,

Allen

Old 12-14-13, 10:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,082 Upvotes on 3,665 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You said when you turned the light on from the wall switch it works as it should.
Is that a special Hunter remote control wall switch with fan and light control on it ?

If it is.... then that should be operating the light remotely which should be the same as pushing the light button on the handheld remote.

Old 12-15-13, 11:15 AM
A
Yes, the remote has a dimmer button on it for the light, it dims down until it's off, and then the next time you push it the light comes on. That's what is not working. The remote works ok for the fan speeds just doesn't work on the light.

Thanks PJmax,

Allen

Old 06-19-15, 10:46 AM
J
Having the exact same issue!

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem.

Old 06-19-15, 11:33 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Welcome. Allen hasn't been here since 08-14-14. I am locking this thread. Please start your own thread to ask a question. Use the yellow Post New Thread button at the top left of the tread list page.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: