Help choosing lighting options for art glass display

Old 02-09-14, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help choosing lighting options for art glass display

I am in the process of having a display cabinet bulit for showing art glass pieces

The idea is to have several cubicles or niches integrated into the whole unit which is to be made in wood and probably finished in color paint or laquer

The back will be solid in wood and there will be now front glass doors or cover

The key is to be able to provide a diffuse lighting effect from the back towards the front in order to bring up the color of the individual glass vases as shown in the attached photo

I am planning of placing between 1 and 3 pieces per cubicle [depending on size] and preferably have an individual back light source behind each and avoid too much glare when looked at from the room

I am also thinking of using cove strip lighting and not sure where to also add a light source on the top of each cubicle

I would anyway make them all dimmable and individually controlled [1 independent control x dimming each the back , top and cove lights

I am also unsure of how to choose in regards to the quality of the light [cold, warm etc] and if all of them should be of the sam hueName:  11044011_2_l.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  38.6 KBName:  $_55.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  19.4 KB

Thanks in advance for the advice

Herman

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-14, 04:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 311 Votes on 285 Posts
I would use LED strip lights. They are very low profile, dimmable and their emitters spaced over the length of the strip provide more even illumination than halogens or xenons.