spotlight problem

Old 04-01-14, 12:23 PM
F
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spotlight problem

Hi guys,

In our office there is spotlight which turns off each 1 hour and it doesnt detect light/any movement . So, we have to turn it on manually each time ! we asked technicians several times and they said it is faulty and need a replacement and blah blah. they went and did nothing ..... I took pictures from its inside so you guys can help me out.

Is there anyway I can deactivate the detector? or do something that electricity directly goes to the lights rather than going through the detector? I personally think that if I connect the Black to the brown and remove the link it would be ok. I didn't try it yet. what do you think ? Please look at the attached photos. your help will make a bunch of people happy

Attached Images   
Old 04-01-14, 06:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

First of all, where are you? If you add your location information to your profile it will help us focus our answers.

Second, I don't think this is something you can change yourself. Besides the fact that it's installed in your rented(?) office space, that device appears to be a
Digital Gold Series Detector with Regulating Photocell
Only suitably qualified personnel should install this equipment.

The Digital Gold is a high-performance, communicating presence detector which can be used as part of a full Ex-Or MLS Digital Managed Lighting System or as a stand-alone unit. The MLS2421D detector is equipped with a regulating photocell to control digital DSI or DALI ballasts (when using the detectorís Digital Output) and a volt-free output for control of non-dimmable lighting loads. Digital Gold incorporates Ex-Orís OneSwitch Dimming, local manual operation of any controlled lighting load.
Source: Installation and Commissioning Instructions

I suggest you take your question to your landlord.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: