Track lighting systems - generally compatible?

Old 05-11-14, 07:58 AM
Track lighting systems - generally compatible?

I would like to install a track lighting system. I found that there are several vendors of tracks and track heads. e.g. Hampton Bay, Halo, Juno, Lightolier, WAC and even IKEA

Are the track and track heads from different vendors generally compatible?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-14, 08:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Most cases ea light system has sum differences. You can look at light terminals. These are the little ears/ tabs which lock into track. If tabs are compatible lights should be. You also need to know whether your lighting is low voltage or norm line voltage. I've seen voltages from 12 - 19 volt low voltage lighting. I'd choose any " energy star " lighting. GE has vast variety of energy star products. They utilize reflective materials to cast lighting and are very low op cost. Energy management is 1 of my specialties. Industrial plants use and reuse any energy they can recomp. If they can start / stop equipment without failing output or ops they utilize this to cut cost. Its the wave of the future conserve energy but produce at full capacity.

Old 05-11-14, 11:08 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 206
Some companies share the same pin spacing but most don't. If you are starting new... purchase the track based on the brand of fixtures you buy.