Want exhaust fan and heater to work on one switch.

Old 06-18-14, 02:42 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Want exhaust fan and heater to work on one switch.

Just moved into a new house. The bathroom has a light/exhaust/heater combo. (Broen 655) There are only two switches. One for the light and one for the heater. The exhaust is not wired. I would like to wire the exhaust and the heater onto the one switch.

At my last house I installed a ceiling fan with light on one switch. I purchased a unit at Menards (that is no longer available at Menards). This unit was placed inside the fan. The wires from the switch went into it. Then the light and the fan were both wired onto either side of the unit. When the switch was flipped up once the fan came on. Twice quickly the light came on. Three times quickly they both were on.

My hope is to find this unit again. (or one similar to it) Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I could purchase one? Thanks.

Old 06-18-14, 05:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I know exactly what you are talking about however I haven't seen those modules in a long time and I have no idea what to call them.

I was doing some random searches and kept getting hits for the Clapper.

Old 06-18-14, 06:12 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your effort. The Clapper hits made me laugh. Fortunately my wonderful husband found it for me. In case anyone is interested he found it at https://www.platt.com/CutSheets/Sele...FL101%20DS.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: