...Hunter Fan will not go on!

Old 06-18-14, 07:24 PM
...Hunter Fan will not go on!

Our Hunter Ceiling fan/light (6 years old) will not go on. it is controlled ONLY by remote control. the light goes on but the fan will not. You can hear the "clicking" when you hit the button for fan activation but it doesnt turn the fan on.
I am new to this site. I will get the model number if needed. just want to see if it sounds like it is fixable. then will show my husband the replies!!

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-14, 07:43 PM
I'd replace the remote battery first.

Old 06-18-14, 08:11 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums - oh warm neighbors.

If you hear it clicking then it's not the remote battery.

If the fan has a pull chain...... make sure it's in the high position.
Don't forget the fan direction switch. It's a little slide switch that controls which way the fan turns for winter or summer.

Old 06-18-14, 10:44 PM
karen722 welcome to the forum! To me this sounds like you have a bad sensor inside of the fan that needs replacing. You can't just go to your nearby store unfortunately as Hunter doesn't sell their fan parts on the retail market. Instead I suggest that you contact Hunter directly here is the link to their contact page Hunter Fan - Contact . They open at 8 a.m Central time and close at 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and on Saturday they open at 11 a.m. and close at 4 p.m. . They said they will help diagnose your fan on the phone.

Complete instruction as pertains to their warranty, which is only a year, and how they would want the fan shipped back if necessary is on their website. I wish you luck with it and hope you will post back when you get this fixed.

Old 06-19-14, 04:27 AM
Wow. Got up this morning to "just see" if anyone read my question!!! Thank you so much!!
will give Hunter a call this morning.
In the mean time it is nice and cool this morning!
thanks again.
Karen