Kitchen pendant

Old 07-19-14, 10:27 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchen pendant

I am replacing my kitchen pendant and when I removed the existing fixture I realized the junction box is larger than the cap of the new fixture. How do I install it and not have the junction box showing? Picture of existing ceiling and new fixture is here to see what I mean.
Thanks!

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-14, 10:46 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
That appears to be a standard 4" ceiling box but the fan does not seem to be designed for that type of mounting. The picture is not for a standard mounting. I'd say return it for one that is designed for standard mounting.

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  31.4 KB

Old 07-19-14, 10:51 AM
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
I would try and contact the customer service group and see if they sell an adapter ring to use with a 4" round ceiling box,other wise anything else would be Micky Mouse.
Geo

Old 07-19-14, 12:19 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can I replace the junction box to accommodate this fixture?

Old 07-19-14, 12:48 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
The ceiling box should not be removed. If the canopy is not UL approved as a a connection box it might even be a code violation to install as shown in the picture. PLUMEN USD - Drop Cap Pendant Set - Black indicates this is a European fixture modified to work on 120 volts but no indication it is modified to install per US code. Is there a UL listing on it anywhere? As Geo suggested contact the manufacturer to see if they have a code compliant way of installing if you don't want to get a more suitable fixture.

Last edited by ray2047; 07-19-14 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-19-14, 02:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 133 Votes on 117 Posts
Replacing the junction box is not going to help as you will then have a hole to patch around the old box. Where did you get this light? Perhaps a ceiling light medallion would work. (Otherwise an adapter as Geochurchi mentioned)

Old 07-21-14, 10:42 AM
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
Go to their web site and use their contact they do sell an adapter plate for US installations.

Thank you for your e-mail for your interest in Plumen.

We provide an adaptor plate for our US customers for use with a larger US junction box. Please let us know if you place an order and we will make sure you receive one for each drop cap and pendant set you order.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kind regards,

Becca

Last edited by ray2047; 07-21-14 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Add quote coding for clarity.