How to replace these light fixtures? Photos attached.

Old 08-06-14, 02:13 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to replace these light fixtures? Photos attached.

Hello,
I just moved into an apartment (in Poland, if the information regarding power output is relevant). The central light fixture in the apartment hallway is out, and I can't seem to remove the dead bulb. As a matter of fact, I have never seen a bulb like this in my life. That is why I've attached photos and wanted to get somebody's opinion on this. Please help! Name:  DSC_1059.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  21.2 KBName:  DSC_1060.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  24.8 KBName:  DSC_1061.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  24.9 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-14, 03:35 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
If you turn the power off to the light, grasp the bulb with either gloved hand, or paper towel, slide it either to the right or left and you will note a spring action. Once you depress the spring, the bulb will come out of the other end easily. Once you locate a replacement, be sure not to touch the glass part. Oils can reduce the life of the bulb.

Old 08-06-14, 08:35 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It worked! Thank you, Chandler.
I would add one more detail to the instructions. After you move it to the left or right and you feel the spring action, pinch the sides which are "holding on" to the bulb in a clip-like motion. It will release the bulb.

I finally understand the basis behind the "how many ____ does it take to replace a light bulb" jokes... it feels like everything is more complicated when it's up on a ceiling and you're dealing with glass.