Question on Conduit fittings?

Old 08-21-14, 07:37 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question on Conduit fittings?

Hello - I'm looking for a clean way of getting romex out of my garage wall and onto the ceiling. I've gone through the various fittings and boxes at home depot and lowes and the only solution I see is using a junction box near the ceiling and then attaching the conduit to that. Is that the best solution, or is there something better? The purpose of this is to run new lighting and electrical outlets mounted to the ceiling.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-21-14, 08:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
A junction box is your best choice. This way you can convert from NM cable to conduit and THHN type wire

Old 08-21-14, 08:48 PM
J
run your nm cable from your wall box up to the top of the wall and out on to the ceiling to your first device box. buy some PVC flex conduit long enough to cover the wire into the wall 6 inches or so........no need for a box at the wall.

you can keep on using carflex on the ceiling or you can use hard gray PVC conduit.

you can use NM in the pipe or single wires.

Old 08-22-14, 06:59 PM
E
Thank you for the responses and suggestions. I'm going to see which method looks better and go with that. I'm just trying to make everything look neat. Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: