ventilation

Old 08-23-14, 08:26 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking ventilation

Hi guys in my house main bath fan is interlocked with ventilation switch in hall way. there is a 14/3 wire in 3 gang box in bathroom run to vent switch.in 3 gang fan switch leg and black wire from 14/3 wire are together and red wire is connected to live power. in vent switch 14/3 comes from bath 3 gang and 14/2 goes to furnace relay. single pole switch is installed with red as live power and 2 black together on load. vent switch works perfect but when we switch on the bath fan switch in 3 gang. furnace fan also runs. is there any special switch for ventilation. thanx for reading.

Old 08-23-14, 11:47 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
You have to rewrite your post. None of it makes any sense. I have no idea why a bathroom exhaust fan would be connected to the furnace.

Old 08-23-14, 12:33 PM
Has it always been this way? Or did you change something?
It sounds like you can turn on your ventilation switch and vent will operate as normal.
It also sounds like when you turn on your bath vent, both bath vent and house vent turn on.
As Pulpo said, it's hard to decipher what you're saying, but if you didn't change anything yet, this sounds designed to me.

Old 08-23-14, 12:34 PM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
LOL, Pulpo, I left it for someone else to sort out.
BTW robin, welcome to the forum. If you can sort your post out a bit we will give it a try.

The only connection I could make out is that newer homes that are specifically built air tight do need a fresh air source and running an exhaust bath fan forces air to come in from somewhere. In some configurations they install an outside duct into the return of the heating system and by cycling the furnace fan on that air gets distributed to the entire house.

Looks for an outside duct as described above and tell us more about the house, is it extremely air tight?

Bud

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: