Pallet Board Stage Lights

Old 08-28-14, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pallet Board Stage Lights

Hey all!

I'm pretty new to the forum, but I have this idea for some mood lighting for our stage and I wanted a little input/help with the project. I have done some single light wiring before, however I know this project will be a little more intensive than that. The idea is to take a Pallet and mount something like 12 soft white (40W equivalent) light's onto it, then to stand them up behind the musicians as a backing light. I'm not super familiar with wiring multiple lights together in this fashion (to one single switch) but I have seen it done before. We would also like to put them on a dimmer switch if that makes a difference.

I can mount the sockets just fine, and understand the differences between hot and neutral wires, I just don't really understand how to wire it all together (to one switch). So, if you think you can help me, it would be greatly appreciated! Even if you just have a few ideas to throw out, I'll try to keep you guys updated on how the project goes!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-14, 11:16 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
I'm guessing you don't mean a shipping pallet or an artist pallet but not sure what you do mean.

Each lamp holder would be mounted on a junction box and the boxes connected by armored cable. An additional box would hold the switch and the connection for the service cord and cap (plug) that supplies power.

Old 08-28-14, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i like the pallet idea. paint it flat black so it will not stand out. pick up a dozen clamp on lights at lowes or home depot. they, on the pallet, will be adjustable.
couple of power strips and a cord

Old 08-28-14, 02:21 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
John I believe the poster was looking for a better suggestion then that but it would be a quick and simple way if permitted by the local fire marshal. Stage electrical is usually very strictly controlled by inspectors because of past accidents. Probably things allowable at home wouldn't necessary be allowed on stage.